[SOLVED] Can't Boot from PCIe M.2 2280?

Jul 23, 2021
cpu: Ryzen 5 5600x
motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B-450F Gaming

Using the crucial m.2 2280 1 TB, I tried a fresh Windows 10 install from flash drive. I cleaned the drive in DISKPART and let Windows format the drive. After the install my bios shows the drive, but doesn't show it in the boot order. After loading up Windows on my hard drive I was able to see that Windows successfully made the partitions and formatted the drive as NTFS.

I heard from another forum that disabling CSM upon installation could do the trick, I've tried that as well. It seems no matter what I do I can't get Windows to run on this thing.

Oreo

Solution
Hey there,

When installing the OS to a new drive, and if you want to the new drive to be the boot drive, it's best to disconnect the drives with the original windows install. Otherwise the mbr stays on the original install HDD. It will effectively dual boot otherwise.
Hey there,

When installing the OS to a new drive, and if you want to the new drive to be the boot drive, it's best to disconnect the drives with the original windows install. Otherwise the mbr stays on the original install HDD. It will effectively dual boot otherwise.

Solution