Can't boot from USB nor CD

aspri

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Hello,

I've recently purchased a Fujitsu AH532 that came with windows 8.
The thing is that I want to install XP because of some games compatibility issues, so I tried making a XP cd and a bootable USB but both didn't work. when I try to boot from one of them I get a "boot failure" on screen.
I really don't know what can be the issue and if there's a fix.

Thanks for helping

aspri

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Ok success after multiple attempts, I installed XP wiping all HDD then installed again over all HDD Windows 8 but leaving space for XP.
Put the sata drivers for the chipset in CD and finally I was able to install XP, got drivers installed beside USB 3.0, I don't know how to fix this I also having another issue although I installed XP in AHCI mode, the laptop boots directly to XP without giving me a choice to dual boot, I guess something to do with the boot sector being rewrited. Could someone tell me how to fix this??

Oh I also had to put in an administrator password in bios to disable the secure boot and enable CSM (aka legacy OS)

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
The Windows XP boot manager is not compatible with modern operating systems like Windows 8 and Windows 7.

You should be able to restore the boot manager and Boot Configuration Database (BCD) of Windows 8 from the Command Prompt of Windows 8 recovery media. For example, you could boot to the Windows 8 installation media, confirm your language settings, select Repair your computer, Troubleshooting, Advanced options, and then Command Prompt. Then enter:

Code:
BootRec /FixBoot
BootRec /RebuildBCD
Then when prompted add the operating systems mentioned to the BCD.

You can also restore the graphic boot menu from Windows 8, rather than the text based boot menu used with Windows 7 and Windows Vista, by using BCDEdit by entering the following:

Code:
BCDEdit /BootEMS {bootmgr} Off