Question Can't boot HP Pavilion X360

okrobie

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2016
Hi all, I'm replacing a cracked screen and digitizer and in the process of re-assembling it. As near as I can tell, every connector is mated and everything is in place, but nothing is screwed down yet. I'm trying to see if the display is functioning before I complete the assembly. When I connect the power, the light by the power cord comes on, and when I push the power switch, the power light by the switch comes on, but nothing on the screen. I tried connecting an HDMI monitor but that screen is blank also. The cooling fan is turning but I'm not sure if the HDD is spinning. I tried booting from a bootable USB stick, but same. Where should I go from here? Thanks, Jim

Lutfij

Titan
Might I ask how the screen ended up broken? If the laptop fell from height, then it's possible that the HDD inside the 2 in 1 got taken out. You can easily replace the HDD with a 2.5" SSD or an M.2 SSD just to see if the system boots to BIOS.

okrobie

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2016
Thanks Lutfij, I meant to mention that I had tried an SSD without any change in the symptom. I don't know how it got broken in the first place since it was an "As-is" find for cheap. It has been sitting on my junk pile for over two years so I don't remember any details. Regards, Jim