Jan 23, 2021
I just built a new computer. i keep getting this message "reboot and select proper boot device". I have tried damn near everything! additionally, the PC doesn't recognize that a keyboard and mouse are plugged into the system sometimes, AND the pc will be powered on but nothing will display on the monitor! please help!

my build:
asus sabertooth 990fx MB
amd 8370 CPU
nvidia gtx 1050 ti GPU
24gb RAM

Last edited:
Solution
I tried it with a 256mb flash drive and it's not even showing up in the bios
What usb port are you using case or mobo if mobo what ports and have you tried different ports? I know dumb question but you wont beleive the number of responses no. But at this point sounds like usb bus/controller is dead
I just built a new computer. i keep getting this message "reboot and select proper boot device". I have tried damn near everything! additionally, the PC doesn't recognize that a keyboard and mouse are plugged into the system sometimes, AND the pc will be powered on but nothing will display on the monitor! please help!

my build:
asus sabertooth 990fx MB
amd 8370 CPU
nvidia gtx 1050 ti GPU
24gb RAM
take the gpu out make sure the ram is fully seated the psu cables to the mobo are fully seated and that the other cable plugged into the mobo are plugged into they're right spot and snuggly plugged in. if that all done right at this point pull the psu cable form the back and pull the bios batter from the mobo hold the power button the case for 30s x2 times reseat bios battery and plug try posting pc. if this works try reseating the gpu

my build:
asus sabertooth 990fx MB
amd 8370 CPU
nvidia gtx 1050 ti GPU
24gb RAM
Do you have a bootable usb ready for installing windows 10 that would be why it says no bootable device detected by the way and you need to select that in bios

Jan 23, 2021
Do you have a bootable usb ready for installing windows 10 that would be why it says no bootable device detected by the way and you need to select that in bios
yes I do, but there is no option in my bios to turn on usb boot. and the USB doesn't show up in the boot options. I'm using some old <Mod Edit> version of asus uefi utility. doesn't have half the settings as what people tell me to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes I do, but there is no option in my bios to turn on usb boot. and the USB doesn't show up in the boot options. I'm using some old <Mod Edit> version of asus uefi utility. doesn't have half the settings as what people tell me to do.
Thwts because your using a sabertooth board my favorite. :) basically a mockc military throw anything and everything you can at it board and it will take more :) you just need to know what your looking for and wanting to do.

Jan 23, 2021
Thwts because your using a sabertooth board my favorite. :) basically a mockc military throw anything and everything you can at it board and it will take more :) you just need to know what your looking for and wanting to do.
I want to boot into windows. can't do that when the <Mod Edit> thing sucks

Jan 23, 2021
The board isn't the issues it's the usb. It's probably not formatted correctly and the bios probably need a update to it's latest flash they were slightly bugging in they're original launch state
I have tried to update the bios. went onto the asus website, unzipped the CORRECT BIOS and placed the cap file onto my FAT32 flash drive. doesn't show up in the asus EZ Flash 2.