[SOLVED] Can't boot into BIOS after changing CSM

kimroar90

Commendable
Apr 25, 2018
Hello.
I tried to install windows 10 today on my pc, but for some reason I would get a blue screen when booting from my USB stick.
So I tried to change a CSM setting, it was set to disabled.. I enabled it and restarted the pc. Now I can't load into BIOS. When I restart my pc it's stays black for a while, and if I dont push any buttons I get into windows after a while. But if I press on "del" all the time to try to get into bios it doesnt do anything for me.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F GAMING, S-1151.

What should I do?
Is it any programs that I can enter into bios settings from windows?
What happens if I install windows 10 on microsoft and press the option "upgrade this pc now" rather then "create installation media (USB)" - does that fix the bios setting? or does it totally screw my pc up and get's stuck in start up only showing black screen?
Please help me

I need to disable the Boot CSM settings somehow, but I can't enter BIOS or see anything on my monitor in the load up

Last edited:
Solution
it says something about asus ez update utility that updates bios from a downloaded file. I will try this because I don't want to touch the motherboard when being a noob like myself.
With updating BIOS improperly you can brick your motherboard.
That is way riskier than simple BIOS reset with onboard jumper.

BIOS reset instructions are on page 1-10 of the user manual.
Use advanced startup option.

039d02w2s9yfZVJntmbZVW9-11..1569470591.png

kimroar90

Commendable
Apr 25, 2018
Thank you for the fast answer, unfurtantly I already tried this option to enter Bios. I needed to restart before enter bios and nothing happend on my pc after that restart. I had to shut it down after 5 min and load up again.

kimroar90

Commendable
Apr 25, 2018
Last edited:
it says something about asus ez update utility that updates bios from a downloaded file. I will try this because I don't want to touch the motherboard when being a noob like myself.
With updating BIOS improperly you can brick your motherboard.
That is way riskier than simple BIOS reset with onboard jumper.

BIOS reset instructions are on page 1-10 of the user manual.

Solution