[SOLVED] Can't boot into bios

Sharkyzane231

Reputable
Mar 23, 2020
First off, I'd like to say that this happened right after I tried to overclock my CPU.

Whenever I try to boot my PC into the BIOS now, it just freezes on the boot screen and does not load, I need to turn off the PC at the back of it in order to restart it. I have tried to reset the BIOS by removing the battery and then putting it back in, which worked for 1 try so my CPU would go back to it's stock settings. However, after that 1 time it let me into the BIOS, it hasn't let me in since.

There is also another problem which makes me believe it might be the motherboard. The 2 monitors that I have plugged into the internal graphics do not play fullscreen video at all anymore. They used to, before I messed something up, but now they don't.
(Also should be noted that I recently bought myself an AMD Sapphire Pulse 5700XT to replace an Nvidia 1050ti and idk if drivers have messed with it or not.)
All of my graphics drivers are up to date as well, including the internal graphics.

Specs of my PC because that may help:
GPU: AMD Sapphire Pulse 5700XT
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K (reset back to stock clock (4.2GHz) after an unstable 5GHz overclock which messed everything up, it worked fine at 4.8GHz)
Cooling: Corsair H100i V2
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270X Designare
PSU: Corsair CS650M (650W)

Any help given would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Zane

reset the BIOS by jumper

use the get into BIOS tool from gigabyte or the windows option:
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/access-bios-windows-10

check if the motherboard is still at the latest BIOS version. The dualBIOS could have flashed the BIOS to an older version.

you have to plug in the monitors into the GPU and not the integrated graphics in order to use the 5700XT. Or are the two monitors just for video playback?

use ddu uninstaller to remove intel and amd drivers. After that, reinstall the latest amd.com and intel.com driver again.

Last edited:

Sharkyzane231

Reputable
Mar 23, 2020
reset the BIOS by jumper
Tried it. Was able to get into BIOS, but after booting into the computer I was unable to get back into the BIOS for some odd reason

use the get into BIOS tool from gigabyte or the windows option:
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/access-bios-windows-10
Same thing happened with the the first option

check if the motherboard is still at the latest BIOS version. The dualBIOS could have flashed the BIOS to an older version.
Nothing changed

you have to plug in the monitors into the GPU and not the integrated graphics in order to use the 5700XT. Or are the two monitors just for video playback?
I have 1 monitor plugged into the GPU which works fine, the other 2 which are used solely for video playback and discord are plugged into the motherboard. They do not play full screen video.
(also switching the video cables causes video to not play at all)

use ddu uninstaller to remove intel and amd drivers. After that, reinstall the latest amd.com and intel.com driver again.
This actually worked, everything worked fine without the AMD driver, but as soon as I installed it again, it went back to how it was before, with the "stuck on boot screen" and "no fullscreen video on 2nd and 3rd monitors".

I've tried virtually everything else but nothing works. Thanks for the help though.
If you can get anyone else who has any ideas to help me, it would be much appreciated.