Question Can't boot into my NvMe drive any more???

maarkr

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2012
Yesterday I rebooted my W11 system. It's been working fine for the 2 yrs I've used it. The BIOS came up as normal, then went into Windows recovery screen. I can see the drive in the BIOS but can't select it as the boot drive under the BIOS boot options. I have another drive with W10 on it and I can select it as the boot drive. The W11 drive is there under disk Mgmt and it has all the files on it. I've tried many things to get it to boot but it won't.

Did you remove any other drives from the system at all?

Have you tried removing the Windows 10 drive to see if the Windows 11 drive will boot? Usually you can't select a "drive" to boot from if you have a UEFI installation. Normally, Windows boot manager is what needs to be selected but with multiple OS's installed that might be a problem, some kind of conflict of boot partitions without something installed to manage them. Do you have a boot loader or manager installed?

maarkr

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2012
NO, but I just found a USB drive in my drawer from hell, and it was labelled Macrium Recovery Drive! I booted from it and searched for my latest image (Feb22), and saw an option to repair boot issues and ran that... YEAH! Now I just need to figure out WHY the boot loader got screwed up, OR if I just had a file/UEFI glitch. Thanks

Reactions: Darkbreeze