cant boot into windows 10 on newly built pc

bobrocker

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
Just finished building a new PC for my friend, having some trouble with the operating system. He bought a preloaded copy of win10 on a usb from Best Buy, so after going into the BIOS I selected the drive as the boot drive and restarted, and it started installing windows - so far so good. It asked me to choose where to install the software, so I chose the new SSD we installed, and it did its thing. Then it restarts, I go into BIOS to make sure the SSD is the boot priority (and take the USB out), then it restarts and never goes past the manufacturer page. I've tried this a hundred times and it will won't let me go past that. One thing that confused me was that when I go into the BIOS, it looks as though the USB drive with windows on it has 2 partitions or something...

one appears as "UEFI: KDI-MSFTWindows 10 PMAP, Partition 1 (14784MB)
and the other as "KDI-MSFTWindows 10 PMAP (14784MBB)

The only other boot drive available is the Samsung ssd. Which windows "drive" to I use to install the software? Any help would be appreciated.

USAFRet

Titan

Redo the install. Do this with ONLY the one target drive installed.
When you do it, go to Custom, and delete ALL existing partitions on the target drive.
Proceed.

bobrocker

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
USAFRet what do you mean buy "do this with only the one target drive installed?" To which target drive are you referring? There's 3 that appear in the BIOS with the names in my first post.

USAFRet

Titan

How many actual drives are installed in this system?

bobrocker

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
When I boot up the system and go into BIOS, the only drives I see are the Samsung SSD, and the two drives that have "windows" in them (the names of which are in my above post)

USAFRet

Titan

Unplug the USB
Boot up
What appears in the BIOS?

How many physical drives did you install in this system? Just the one SSD?

TRENDING THREADS