Can't boot into Windows 10

Vladimir_927

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
I'll make my question short. I just can't boot in Windows, it keeps loading percentage to 100% on blue screen and says I need a repair cd.
So far i've tried many solutions on my own but I'm willing to start all over, repeat all needed steps.
So what would be questions to me, what information is needed more?

Solution
do you have a win 10 installer? On another PC, download it from Here and create a USB or DVD.

Its better than a repair DVD as it can do just as much as the repair DVD and more.

try to boot from it, may need to change boot order in PC
if it loads installer, on second screen, after language choices, choose repair this PC, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan pc and may fix start up - will ask for logon details

if this doesn't fix it, reload from installer and follow above steps till you reach are in advanced menu
choose start up options
choose one of the three safe modes
this will restart pc in safe mode, yuou don't have to do anything, sometimes just loading into safe mode is...

elvisruns

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Sorry I don't have a solution myself. I've been successfully unsuccessful with an upgrade myself. I'm stuck not able to even boot into installation from the USB that I loaded with the installation media from MS website. I'd hate to do this (it's my wife's laptop that has this issue) but as a last resort, I might try to do a clean install instead of upgrade.

Vladimir_927

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

Thanks for your reply. At least I got someone to answer me, that's very good!
My upgrade to Win 10 was successful, comparing to yours and I've been using this OS over a year for now. It's just recently I've done something, that caused OS to stop loading.
I'm still being patient and waiting for more people to join this conversation.

Vladimir_927

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

Thanks for asking. I'm really glad that someone is interested in my problem and helping me out. It means, I'm moving on.

OK, yes, I have repair dvd, it can repair win 10. I did try it.
It does not automatically repair my problem but it does give me access to cmd, so I can type all those dos commands and also open registry, in case I need to edit it.
And I have couple different versions of WinPE on CDs, BartPE is one of them.
The problem is, I don't know what else to try. I'm willing to start all over with help of this forum and go over my problem to help me out.
Thanks again.

Vladimir_927

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

Umm, I'm really glad to hear such a quick response towards me but I don't like that answer. What would be the point for me to come to this forum if I can do just a clean install? It doesn't take much work.

I tried to rebuild boot files, some other files related to it. I tried to check some other solutions, not everything was applied to me, however.
I'm pretty sure that this forum has pretty smart people in here and someone could come up with a very good advice or a hint.
But clean install would very last solution in my mind.
Thanks anyway!

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
yeah man if ya tried everything else clean install I had some buggy issues with windows 10 buils since it released and even build 1511 till they worked out the bug repair disks ect didn't work or even trying to restore to a previos point.
yeah window saint like it used to be windows 10 aint just a version its a service now with repeated different builds being released sorry to say its like android now pushing new versios soon as it can to fix bugs accomidate newer apis ect just like android in most ways if that makes sense .
as of the most recent 1511 build patches ect it running stable now but well see next moth when the anivarrssary build releases .

Vladimir_927

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

I see what you mean. Well, I have one more option to try, just in case before giving up. I heard of program called "Easy Recover Essentials" made by Neo Smart Technologies. It's not really free, I paid for it. But for some reason it's not loading in proper way. It gives me an error message while loading in boot CD. So I'm in contact with their agent to help me out.
If that CD will help me, I'll be really happy. If it won't help, I'll do clean install as you suggested me.

I don't see any other options.

By the way, thanks for staying up so late. It's 2am now.

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
lol its 6 am here lol been up all night used to working 3 to 7 am when was pulling double shift when I used to build pressure velles for the railroad some tie work third and pulled a day right after hehe.

don't type well only 38 and years of welding ben murder on my hands.

but if ya need help talking ya through it on skype ect or ever want to pick my brain I been working and building comps on the side since I was a kid hell even when I welded full time everyone from work or their friends would bring me their comps to fix and used to know all the unlimited istall keys for xp and 7 off the top of my head lol

email wildcard1978@hotmail.com for skype

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you have a win 10 installer? On another PC, download it from Here and create a USB or DVD.

Its better than a repair DVD as it can do just as much as the repair DVD and more.

try to boot from it, may need to change boot order in PC
if it loads installer, on second screen, after language choices, choose repair this PC, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan pc and may fix start up - will ask for logon details

if this doesn't fix it, reload from installer and follow above steps till you reach are in advanced menu
choose start up options
choose one of the three safe modes
this will restart pc in safe mode, yuou don't have to do anything, sometimes just loading into safe mode is enough
restart pc and see if its fixed.

if it doesn't work, you may need a reset. If anything on PC you want to save, look at this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

another option is put hdd into another pc as a spare and copy files off it

now once pc is ready, boot from installer, select repair pc, and on first lvl, select reset this pc
can choose to keep files/settings or wipe it alll - either way you will need to reinstall all your programs again
once you choose, pc will restart amd reinstall win 10.

Solution

Vladimir_927

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

It is just like me. I'm doing nursing a day time but I'm fixing computers for relatives, friends and neighbors on a side.

Ok, I was going to continue story of repair CD, called "Easy Recovery Essentials" by Neo Smart Technologies. I said earlier that this CD didn't boot properly and I contacted that company. Now after 3 days I'm able to boot this CD just fine.

Let me say few words about this "Easy RE" disc. In general it is pretty helpful, it promises to fix most computers that have problem with booting up. It also gives you Explorer to navigate thru folders, so you can copy them and transfer. I has built-in web browser, called Chromium. And some other functions. This CD runs on Linux version, just to keep in mind.
Well, for me this CD didn't help, unfortunately. It couldn't repair booting problem, so I'm giving up on my problem.
And I'm going to reinstall my Windows 10 and have a clean version of it. No more problems to fix. This issue is over.

Thanks to everyone who responded and provided their hints and advices to me. Thanks a lot!

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
I don't type so well but still try to be helpful when I'm bored and sitting here at my aunts hands have gotten so bad that finally filed for disability .
the real bad part is my dominate hand I broke back in 06 got a metal plate and 6 screw in it and starting to club .
so all in all might not be the best typist but do my best to try to help.

Vladimir_927

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

Thanks for your help and effort. Even with your pain, you're still worrying about others.

TRENDING THREADS