Cant boot into windows 7

nilot112

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Hello,

i am in a bit of trouble,

i was going install fedora along side windows 7 after wiping the linux mint partitions using minitool partition wizard..i forgot to restore bcd using easy bcd and inserted the fedora disc..but due to some necessity i cancelled the installation before it had started

after that whenever i try to start my computer i get the message:

error no such partition

so i inserted my windows 7 install disc but the pc wont recognise it..when i selected to boot it from boot menu i got the message : boot failure. i also tried with a few linux discs but got the same message..

i also created a bootable usb using winflash tool and on selecting it to boot the screen shows a blinking dash and nothing else..

i checked the cables and they seem to be allright..i really cant understand how to fix my pc

please help me. please

nilot112

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
okay so i re inserted my cmos battery successfully following a youtube guide...changed time loaded default settings inserted windows disk but still i get boot failure...

please help..what else can be done to fix my pc..

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Buy a new cmos battery not so much cost only 1$ or below.
try this :remove cmos battery.power on.goto bios.restart.
if the system goto bios without cmos battery the cmos battery current is fully discharged.
stay in bios atleast 1 minute if system hang or any isseus ,ram problem.

nilot112

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
here is what i did..i removed the cmos battery and satrted my computer..

it gave a warning cmos battery failure, checksum failure and another failure..i restarted the pc and pressed f2 to enter bios setup. pressed the resart button..the pc passed the bios screen and back to the same screen saying "error:no such partition"

i rebooted the pc and enetered bios setup pressing f2..it stayed there for more than five minutes without any hang or error. ...

hope i could follow ur instructions..i tried to boot from dvd again but still got the boot failure message..

nilot112

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
okay i removed all cables connecting the dvd drive and hard drive and re connected them.. i booted my pc and still getting the same dvd boot failure..boot order is correct. i tried booting from usb stick but it is showing a blank screen with a dash blinking..

i created the usb using winflash tool and windows 7 dvd. please tell me what else can be done to fix the problems..which parts are malfuntioning and why isnt the usb drive booting?????

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Sure friend its my duty .said thanks to tom to give this opertunity.and dont type "please " its my small request.
Give u r mobo "Model no space bios" in google search.download latest bios by date provided in details.See some videos in youtube also help u by simply type modelno space bios in it. its easy no problem just takes a minute to update.
for hdd is easyer then mobo
download latest firmware not more then 20mb iso file.burn to cd.boot from cd that detect hdd click on hdd to proced update.

pastit

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Have you tried booting from a live CD, such as Puppy,UBCD, Hirens?
If you can, have a look at the hard drive with something like Gparted. You may have managed to delete the partition and it may need reformating,
JB