[SOLVED] Can't boot into Windows from Mac Bootcamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

D2genx

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
I have Bootcamp on my Mac with Windows 10 and Mac Sierra. I was in Windows when the notification "click here to restart and repair drive" message came. I clicked on it and it restarted and the scanning and repairing drive screen similar to the boots teen came. But then it booted into Mac. I've been unsuccessful in booting into Windows or completing the repair since.
Please help as some important files of mine are in the windows drive.

Solution
From within macOS can you browse the the Windows partition? If you can still access the drive you may be able to recover the files without needing to boot into Windows if something in the partition mapping is preventing that.

Colif

Win 11 Master
is win 10 and Mac Sierra on same HDD??

Can you run any tests on the drive in Mac Sierra (I don't know Mac's, last Apple I used was an Apple iie so a while ago) to see if it has any damaged sectors

I was going to ask if you had an installer but since its on a Mac, I have to assume you do.. we may need it as a boot drive. to look at the windows install

zahnib

Commendable
Mar 29, 2017
From within macOS can you browse the the Windows partition? If you can still access the drive you may be able to recover the files without needing to boot into Windows if something in the partition mapping is preventing that.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.