Can't Boot Into Windows

niko_theboy

Honorable
Mar 7, 2015
Hey, my 7 month old rig started to become really sluggish, it started to use up to 15 seconds to just open chrome, and games would get just around 30 fps while stuttering compared to the usual 75+ fps.

I tried everything, Anti malware, anti virus, checked drives, ram, gpu and cpu, everything was working fine, but my rig was still ridiculously slow. So I decided to reinstall Windows 10, I pressed "remove everything" and "Remove files and clean the drive."

My pc then restarted, showed the BIOS screen, and it said "preparing". I watched it for around 5 minutes until I decided that I would just go watch TV instead while it reinstalls.

Three hours later, and it was still preparing, so I restarted it manually, it then repeated to say it was prearing for about 20 minutes until I restarted it manually once again.

Kinda annoyed that it froze in the BIOS screen, I got my trusty old PS2 keyboard and entered the BIOS. I chose the drive where I have Windows installed and restarted, now I was greeted with a screen that said "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key.

I then restarted it once more, but this time I chose "Windows Boot Manager (P2 Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB)"
When I pressed this button it showed the bios screen and then the screen turned black.

And here I am, sitting in front of a black screen wondering if I just royally screwed up, or if it's an easy fix but I'm just too dumb to realize.

My motherboard is the MSI Z97A Gaming 6, with Click Bios 4. I appreciate any help I can get.

Solution
Please pass on your full systems specs. Have you updated your BIOS to the latest version i.e version A.2? Have you also tried clearing your BIOS by removing your motherboard battery for 5 minutes before replacing it?

The key problem was patience although you wouldn't have made much progress than that in prepping. Next time you should try a clean install as that is what most users are left to do while the other options are somewhat hit or miss options given to the end user.

When you mention the last bit of info, can you enter into Safe Mode? If so try a repair MBR and sfc / scannow but it might just look like going for a clean install is a better idea.

Lutfij

Titan
Please pass on your full systems specs. Have you updated your BIOS to the latest version i.e version A.2? Have you also tried clearing your BIOS by removing your motherboard battery for 5 minutes before replacing it?

The key problem was patience although you wouldn't have made much progress than that in prepping. Next time you should try a clean install as that is what most users are left to do while the other options are somewhat hit or miss options given to the end user.

When you mention the last bit of info, can you enter into Safe Mode? If so try a repair MBR and sfc / scannow but it might just look like going for a clean install is a better idea.

Solution

niko_theboy

Honorable
Mar 7, 2015

Thank you so much for answering! I tried a bunch of stuff after I posted this about a week ago, but eventually I just wiped the drives and installed Windows 8 from the disk I originally Installed Windows with back in April and then downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft. My pc is working fine now.

I was going to delete this post but I couldn't find out how, so sorry for wasting your time, I realize I could've just edited it and said fixed it. But again, thanks for answering. Have nice evening. :)