• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Can't boot Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed29592

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Basically I purchased an Ultrabook for my Uni work and for when I travel back home for the holidays.

I set it up and it was working perfectly the night before, the next day I turned it on and it powered up and shut down within 3 seconds with the boot priority on the HDD.

I plugged the power cable in and let it charge just to make sure it was not the battery, the same thing happened.

Since this has happened, I disabled the HDD(and lowered the priorty) by getting into the bios and I have also tried to boot from a USB thumb-drive, and and external CD drive (Used 2 different Windows 7 discs and the recovery disc) and still nothing happened, it wont even show them in the boot option menu.

At this point I am quite annoyed and I feel the only options left is to try and boot Linux from a USB(Doubt it will show) or to try a spare SSD I have. But if I open the laptop up I am sure it will become suspicious.

Anybody have a clue what this could be? I have never had this kind of problem with my desktops, just seems to me a laptop/Ultrabook is a lot more hassle than its worth.

I also have a 30 day warranty where it can be exchanged if there are any problems, looks like I will have to do that :/

The Ultrabook is http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-series-5-np530u3c-13-3-ultrabook-silver-15119704-pdt.html

Ed29592

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Yeh I guess, not really worth the effort if I can get it replaced instantly. But I just like to know the problem :p

Status
Not open for further replies.