[SOLVED] Cant boot or reset my computer because little to no storage space on my SSD where I keep my windows files.

Aug 13, 2020
Hey guys! Recently I was on my computer and discovered that my SSD where I keep all my windows files was close to full. A few hours later I started having trouble with my computer. It would take me to windows startup menu to try and repair the damage. Having tried every option I eventually gave up and decided to just factory reset my computer. Unfortunately it would not even let me, as it said that I did not have enough space on my computer to do that. I have tried every option in the windows start up menu. When I tried to boot through my windows usb it says drivers could not be detected. I tried this usb in every port in my computer. What can I do to have my computer able to boot again or factory reset it? (My computer is currently unusable right now besides startup options on UEFI and BIOS).

Last edited:
Solution
When I tried to boot through my windows usb it says drivers could not be detected. I tried this usb in every port in my computer.
if you get this error at the point in install where it is choose drives to install onto, it can be caused by the USB drive itself. Windows doesn't have the drivers it needs for the USB its running off. Using another USB could fix this.

If you have a Installer, you can do this to copy any info off drive you may want to rescue
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

once...

Ralston18

Titan
Do I understand correctly that the computer will not boot: even after being powered off or trying Safe Mode?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS (Windows 10: Edition/Version)?

Make and model drive(s)? Capacity and how full?

If bootable:

Also back up all important data/files and ensure that the backups are recoverable and readable.

Have there been any maintenance done on the computer drives: e.g. "Disk Cleanup"?

Other than ensure that your data is safely backed up there is no need for immediate action.

The first objective is to gain a full understanding of the current situation.

Colif

Win 11 Master
When I tried to boot through my windows usb it says drivers could not be detected. I tried this usb in every port in my computer.
if you get this error at the point in install where it is choose drives to install onto, it can be caused by the USB drive itself. Windows doesn't have the drivers it needs for the USB its running off. Using another USB could fix this.

If you have a Installer, you can do this to copy any info off drive you may want to rescue
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

once you have a new installer that doesn't give driver errors, I would do a clean install
boot from installer
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Reactions: SeaBurni
Solution