[SOLVED] Cant boot PC with HDD connected

Jun 17, 2019
I recently made new PC but it gets stuck on the bios screen when the internal hard drive is connected , without HDD pc runs ( tested through net cafe friends server )

Rig :
PSU : 650 w ( 2-3 year old )
Motherboard : Asus Rog Strix b450 e
GPU : zotac 1080 ti mini
ram : 3200 mhz 16gb

my 2-3 friends suggested it may be related to the psu no giving enough power supply

any help please

Solution
Thanks for suggestions but i found the solution to the problem . Turns out my PSU was not able to handle all that. I plugged my HDD to another PSU of friend and it worked fine
Jun 17, 2019
cant get into bios menu with any drive connected . although 1st time when i tried , the pc ran correctly and i tried to install windows 10 on my SSD but it got stuck on 43% percent so i cancelled the installation after that i always get stuck on bios screen

also in the bios screen it shows my ram as 16 gb 2133 mhz , but i bought 3200 mhz ram and my motherboard supports upto 64gb 3533 mhz

Jun 17, 2019
Thanks for suggestions but i found the solution to the problem . Turns out my PSU was not able to handle all that. I plugged my HDD to another PSU of friend and it worked fine

Solution
Jun 17, 2019
You must have one really poor PSU if it can't handle and extra 5 watts of load from an HDD.
Please consider replacing it if that is indeed the issue. Unless you get to keep your friends, in that case CUDO's to him!

i dont know , it was of cooler master 650 w psu , dont remember the model but it was quite few years old , atleast 4-5 years