Can't boot pc

ThatGuyOnPC

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
For the past few weeks my PC has been acting weird, in order to boot it, I had to wait for it to go through multiple attempts, and now, it takes a while to boot at all, and when it soes, my monitor is blank, my keyboard and mouse unresponsive and there is a red led on the ez debug on my motherboard indicating that my cpu had failed or something along those lines. I'm lost though because it's been working fine for the past year and I don't know what could've caused this, any help would be appreciated, thnx.

Solution
Get some spare thermal paste. I recommend Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.
Take the whole system out of the case, and test build outside of the case with the bare minimum of hardware just to be able to boot up.
Take the CPU out of the socket and re-seat it again also.
(when you apply thermal paste 1 or 2 small dots around the size of a rize grain is enough in the middle of the CPU)

ThatGuyOnPC

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
My bad, specs are
MSI B150 M3 GAMIng motherboard

GTX 1060 Asus turbo 6gb

Intel i5 6600

16gb ram, ripjaws I think

EVGA 80 plus gold nex650g

Windows 10 64 bit

2 1 TB HDDs and a 500 GB SSD

Thnx once again

ThatGuyOnPC

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
Yea I built the system myself, although I used the stock cooler that had thermal paste pre applied, so I didn't add any, and my cpu had been working fine for the past year, so I'm not sure what would've caused it to suddenly stop working. Don't have a spare psu lying around either, but my motherboard and graphics card all seem to be getting power so that might be a good sign.

Get some spare thermal paste. I recommend Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.
Take the whole system out of the case, and test build outside of the case with the bare minimum of hardware just to be able to boot up.
Take the CPU out of the socket and re-seat it again also.
(when you apply thermal paste 1 or 2 small dots around the size of a rize grain is enough in the middle of the CPU)

Solution