Cant boot Server 2003 since I installed Windows 7

manolain

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Hello guys

Hope you can help me with this, because I really need to get my Server 2003 running, as that is working platform (need it for my job).

I had three operating systems in my computer: Ubunt, Win XP and Win Server 2003. Grub was the booting program, that offers you go to Windows loader. When I selected this, I could choose between XP and Server 2003, according to XP boot.ini file.

Yesterday I got Windows 7 installed over XP. Everything seemed to be fine. I got back Grub booting with Super Grub. When I boot the computer I choose Windows booting, and now, Windows 7 menu is shown.

First options here were:

- Previous Windows version
- Windows7

Firtst entry did not work: when you select it the computer just hungs up doing nothing, showing nothing, totally black.

I installed EasyBCD and tried to edit boot menu: adding new entry to be autodetected or selecting the drive, but I get just absolutely nothing. When I choose this new entry to be loaded, same result: black screen.

These are my curent booting settings:

There are a total of 3 entries listed in the bootloader.

Default: Windows 7
Timeout: 15 seconds
Boot Drive: C:\

Entry #1
Name: Versi¢n anterior de Windows
BCD ID: {ntldr}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \ntldr

Entry #2
Name: Windows 7
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #3
Name: Server 2003
BCD ID: {18fe5dc2-7e9a-11e0-b4ef-a83f19c151fa}
Drive: D:\
Bootloader Path: \NST\easyldr1

I tried also copying a regular boot.ini file (see below) into the Server 2003 partition, but all I got with this is, instead a black screen, a message saying that system in " \NST\easyldr1" cannot be loaded by some hardware/software error (no more options but to go back)

Code:
[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise" /noexecute=optout /fastdetect

As said, I am totally desperated with this, I really need my server 2003 getting launched

Any help will be very appreciated!!!

manolain

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
cmichael138, I dont think that is the case, Win7 should be able to boot any other system

Just in case it helps, here its my partition map. Although it is Spanish, I guess you can read it

The first two are the ubuntu partitions (systema and swap), then C (win7), D (server 2003), and E (data, no system)

2q0352a.jpg

manolain

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Yes GhislainG , I tried with that
Actually, my below quote was taken from that
Easy BCD seems simple to use: I just add a new entry and rebooted, but.....not working :??: