Question Can't boot Ubuntu on Flex 5 Chromebook ?

zainulhaq125

Reputable
Dec 16, 2017
I have MrChromebox full rom firmware installed on my tiger lake based Chromebook and i successfully installed Ubuntu on internal drive using USB flash drive. Ubuntu booted okay using live usb but not booting from internal drive and showing error "booting from ubuntu failed: verify it contains 64 bit uefi os"

I installed Ubuntu by selecting default complete erase and install option. I checked the internal drive contents and Ubuntu setup made one efi fat32 partition and one ext4.

What could be the problem?Here is the image of error and boot menu screenshot.
Error image, Boot menu screenshot

I have MrChromebox full rom firmware installed on my tiger lake based Chromebook and i successfully installed Ubuntu on internal drive using USB flash drive. Ubuntu booted okay using live usb but not booting from internal drive and showing error "booting from ubuntu failed: verify it contains 64 bit uefi os"

I installed Ubuntu by selecting default complete erase and install option. I checked the internal drive contents and Ubuntu setup made one efi fat32 partition and one ext4.

What could be the problem?Here is the image of error and boot menu screenshot.
Error image, Boot menu screenshot
Is there a secure boot option in the bios of this Chromebook if so it's locked to the windows idkey and needs to be reset to accept a new os. /If I remember correctly Ubuntu and all it's formers require ext and doesn't accept fat which is why you see part of the drive formated to ext4

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts