Can't boot up windows 10 or safe mode

Codezai

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Hey.
I downloaded the battlefield 1 beta a couple days ago and had to download a nvidia graphics driver to be able to play it. Everything worked perfectly as usual but the day after when i tried booting up my computer it said that it needed to be repaired. I tried to go into safe mode but that didn't work! It just took me to the previous screen instantly when i clicked on it. I know that if i could go into safe mode then theres an option to refresh or something so i don't have to lose all my files. I could create a recovery thing on a usb flash drive through my brothers computer but then when i use that on my computer i would lose all my files right? Please respond. I have put a lot of money into this computer.

File: \WINDOWS\System32\drivers\ACPI.sys

Errorcode: 0xc0000225

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour

if that doesn't work, follow same steps and in advanced menu, choose system restore and see if there is a date you can use to roll back system, it may fix this

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour

if that doesn't work, follow same steps and in advanced menu, choose system restore and see if there is a date you can use to roll back system, it may fix this

Solution

TRENDING THREADS