[SOLVED] [IGNORE]Can't boot up windows 10 today - Problem Solved by removing bios battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeus9860

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2016
Howdy, yesterday before going to bed I let my pc defrag and shut down automatically after defrag. Today, whenever I try to start my pc It gets stuck on the first screen every single time I try to do it.

I have no clue what's is going on, pc was working fine yesterday. The defrag was used on my backup drive which is a HDD. The OS is on a SSD.

A week ago I was having similar issues when I bought a valve index kit, after plugging it in, shutting down and then on, pc would struggle to display an image. This issue was present because the OS was giving priority to the VR headset, I managed to fix this by switching the display port on my gpu.

I don't think the VR headset is at fault this time. I have unplugged it completely and the issue persists. This is either an issue with a windows update that gone wrong without me noticing or the defrag somehow screwed my boot sequence(which makes no sense as the drive that got defragged was a secondary drive with no windows files in it).

Other things to note:
Mouse powers on but keyboard doesn't, already tried plugging on and off these things but nothing changes.
I can't access the bios or recovery screen because of.this problem.

I'm going to upload an image a link it here in a few. To show the screen I'm stuck in.

Solution
I managed to solve the problem just now, ended up opening my PC case, removed the GPU, did some scrub scrub to remove some dust on the cooler/fans and removed the battery on the mobo for like 3 minutes or so, plugged everything back in, working as intended.

zeus9860

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2016
I managed to solve the problem just now, ended up opening my PC case, removed the GPU, did some scrub scrub to remove some dust on the cooler/fans and removed the battery on the mobo for like 3 minutes or so, plugged everything back in, working as intended.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.