[SOLVED] Cant boot w10

Miltosss

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
I had done a bad oc and got black screen and resetted the bios with cmos pins method and it worked but with my ssd plugged in i wouldnt get anything on my screen then unplugged it and got into bios and tried with my ssd again and with a hdd and also got nothing on my screen again, pls help😉

Solution
WHICH "650w bronze psu"? There are hundreds, if not thousands of them. I don't want "watts" or "brand" or "efficiency rating". I want the MODEL of that specific power supply. Everything else is not helpful.

Same goes for the memory. We need the EXACT model. If you don't know, look on the box or look at your purchase invoice from the site you purchased them from.

First thing to do, try this. EXACTLY as outlined. Don't try it "your own way". Do it just like I'm telling you to do it.

BIOS Hard Reset procedure

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for five minutes. In some cases it may be necessary to remove...

Miltosss

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
What OS version are you running?

What are your full hardware specifications? Please include ALL model numbers of all installed hardware.
I'm on windows 10 and have for specs: 2070 super windforce, 650w bronze psu, 2x8gb 3200mhz trident gskill ram, ryzen 5 3600, samsung 860 evo 500gb, b450 aorus pro for motherboard and my issue is i did oc my cpu to 4.4ghz and 1.4 through bios which was dumb from me cause im inexpirienced in cpu oc and got no screen output through that and then did cmos bios reset and i got no screen output until i disconnected my ssd which gave me screen output and led me to bios settings but thats it, when ssd is plugged in, it doesnt give me screen output and the same happenned for an hdd, pls help if u can caz i dont want to have to pay for new expensive hardware

Last edited by a moderator:
WHICH "650w bronze psu"? There are hundreds, if not thousands of them. I don't want "watts" or "brand" or "efficiency rating". I want the MODEL of that specific power supply. Everything else is not helpful.

Same goes for the memory. We need the EXACT model. If you don't know, look on the box or look at your purchase invoice from the site you purchased them from.

First thing to do, try this. EXACTLY as outlined. Don't try it "your own way". Do it just like I'm telling you to do it.

BIOS Hard Reset procedure

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for five minutes. In some cases it may be necessary to remove the graphics card to access the CMOS battery.

During that five minutes, press the power button on the case, continuously, for 30 seconds. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

If you had to remove the graphics card you can now reinstall it, but remember to reconnect your power cables if there were any attached to it as well as your display cable.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS is installed on if necessary.

Save settings and exit. If the system will POST and boot then you can move forward from there including going back into the bios and configuring any other custom settings you may need to configure such as Memory XMP, A-XMP or D.O.C.P profile settings, custom fan profile settings or other specific settings you may have previously had configured that were wiped out by resetting the CMOS.

In some cases it may be necessary when you go into the BIOS after a reset, to load the Optimal default or Default values and then save settings, to actually get the hardware tables to reset in the boot manager.

It is probably also worth mentioning that for anything that might require an attempt to DO a hard reset in the first place, IF the problem is related to a lack of video signal, it is a GOOD IDEA to try a different type of display as many systems will not work properly for some reason with displayport configurations. It is worth trying HDMI if you are having no display or lack of visual ability to enter the BIOS, or no signal messages.

Trying a different monitor as well, if possible, is also a good idea if there is a lack of display. It happens.

Solution

Miltosss

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
Im busy so i will try what u said in a couple of hours and as for my specs for psu i got a cx650 and as for memory i got a tridentz rgb, ihope this helps and i appreciate all the help u give me

Ok, let us know if the hard reset does any good AND if you are able to get into the BIOS, you will want to to load the "default", "optimal default" or "setup default" values on the save/exit tab, and then go back through the BIOS and reconfigure any necessary custom settings such as fan profiles and boot orders.

Reactions: Miltosss

Miltosss

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
Ok, let us know if the hard reset does any good AND if you are able to get into the BIOS, you will want to to load the "default", "optimal default" or "setup default" values on the save/exit tab, and then go back through the BIOS and reconfigure any necessary custom settings such as fan profiles and boot orders.
omgggg dude thank you soo much u fixxed my pc im so grateful, u saved me money on new hardware, u are the best whoever u are and i hope u the best :))