[SOLVED] Can't boot Windows 10 to newly upgraded pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesyplayer89

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
I recently upgraded my PC, below are the specs. Prior to upgrading my PC, I was running Windows 7 professional. Everytime I tried booting up the PC, it would turn on normally but then get stuck on the login screen and my mouse/keyboard lose function, but I am able to use my keyboard during BIOS. After spending time googling I found that it may be doing this because ryzen no longer supports windows 7. Which brings me to my main issue.

I'm trying to create a bootable usb for windows 10 using a Mac (only have access to that right now). I did this via Unetbootin and a windows 10.iso file. However, when I plug in my usb and boot the PC, im not seeing an option to select the usb. I see the usb 3.0 boot option and usually choose that but even then the PC will be stuck in a black screen with the white ticker.

I'm sorry if this isn't enough info to explain what to do, if you need more specific info, let me know and I'll try to provide that. Otherwise, does anyone know how I should move forward with this?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32 GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 DirectX 12 GTX 1660 VENTUS XS

Thanks!

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
this should boot pc from usb
before starting PC, put USB in slot
boot up and go into bios
leave the boot order as is. (I assume the hdd is 1st)
on the save & exit screen, choose boot override
in this menu, choose the USB and the PC will boot off it the next startup
you may need to hit a key to make it boot from USB

see page 74 here (although it doesn't actually have a description of Boot override)
https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450 Pro4.pdf

cheesyplayer89

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
this should boot pc from usb
before starting PC, put USB in slot
boot up and go into bios
leave the boot order as is. (I assume the hdd is 1st)
on the save & exit screen, choose boot override
in this menu, choose the USB and the PC will boot off it the next startup
you may need to hit a key to make it boot from USB

see page 74 here (although it doesn't actually have a description of Boot override)
https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450 Pro4.pdf

I've tried this and haven't had any luck. Am I supposed to normally see an option for my particular usb? Or just click the usb 3.0 all the time?

Colif

Win 11 Master

cheesyplayer89

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
Ok, I had tried the suggestions and unfortunately nothing ended up working for me. I just decided I was going to put all the old parts back into my PC so I could access the computer again, upgraded the OS to Windows 10 and then switched out the old parts with the new and now everything is working fine.

Thank you for the help guys! I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.