[SOLVED] Cant boot windows instalation from usb

MateMan

Reputable
Sep 13, 2016
Hello. Im having so annoying problem.
I try to reinstall windows and i cant find uefi settings in bios. I guess this is an old motherboard. I tryed to install it on another pc and when i put that drive in this computer it just showing me this "__" and its flashing. My motherboard is asus p5kpl-am and this is the fist time that i couldnt install windows. I put usb as a fisr drive, i try with default settings of bios, i used boot menu. When i used boot menu it wqs an error saying "Suspend". Im realy out of idea and all i found on internet is not working. I reseted cmos setting with removing battery for 1min and still nothing. I hope anyone could help me.
And sorry for my bad english

Solution
I downloaded cracked iso version of win10 because i wont pay for that(sry but a lot of people use cracked version of windows) and i burned bootable window files on dvd disc via NERO burner. Then i just put disc into the computer and boot it via dvd burner(or how you say it) and it worked. I sucessfuly installed windows 10 on that motherboard. Thanks again guys and stay healthy :D
I got a chill looking at that manual, I have intentionally forgotten all that crap.
So what kind of disk do you have ? Sata, IDE
How was it formatted? GPT, NTFS
UEFI - disk should be formatted GPT
Non UEFI / CSM compatability support - formatted NTFS
I believe you can boot a GPT disk in CSM but can't boot a Non GPT disk as UEFI.
I kinda remember that USB was new and troublesome as well as WiFi.
Is USB formatted fat32?
What do you see in Bios? disk? USB stick?

MateMan

Reputable
Sep 13, 2016
I got a chill looking at that manual, I have intentionally forgotten all that crap.
So what kind of disk do you have ? Sata, IDE
How was it formatted? GPT, NTFS
UEFI - disk should be formatted GPT
Non UEFI / CSM compatability support - formatted NTFS
I believe you can boot a GPT disk in CSM but can't boot a Non GPT disk as UEFI.
I kinda remember that USB was new and troublesome as well as WiFi.
Is USB formatted fat32?
What do you see in Bios? disk? USB stick?
I have sata disc. Usb is formated on fat32 and on disc there was windows before. So you saying that i should burn windows on cd and boot it that way?

MateMan

Reputable
Sep 13, 2016
Bios can see the usb. But for boot option number 1 i put other devices(the ones who u insert in like usb) i also try to set first boot for usb(but i had to put usb on n1 and hdd on n2 in storage configurations othervise i couldnt set usb for boot n1.
I will put that hdd disc in other pc and format it to NTFS and try to reinstall windows if thats helps.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you set the USB as boot option 2, after the format?
Is the OS asking for additional drivers prior installation?
I must have been lucky, when I purchased Win 10 I got a DVD, if only you had one.
I'm thinking worst case you could install XP, Vista,7 or 8 and then upgrade but you need the disk.

MateMan

Reputable
Sep 13, 2016
I put windows on dvd disc and boot it and it also showe "__" but it went some rows lower just like it want to start the instalation but it stops.. i tried windows 10, 7 and vista and nothing works..

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
i can't find anything on the suspend error. photos might help zero it down.
i can see people having problems installing XP on that board, it doesn't like any versions of windows.
all the videos just show that all you should need to do is set the USB drive as top of boot priority and it should just boot.
Have you tried all your USB slots? Use the ones on back if you haven't tried yet.

MateMan

Reputable
Sep 13, 2016
I tryed windows disc on other computer and it cant boot it even if i select dvd boot but from usb is working fine..u think mybe its bad windows? I mean i opened iso file and copy all files and paste it into a disc and burn it..is there any other way or better way to burn it?

MateMan

Reputable
Sep 13, 2016
I downloaded cracked iso version of win10 because i wont pay for that(sry but a lot of people use cracked version of windows) and i burned bootable window files on dvd disc via NERO burner. Then i just put disc into the computer and boot it via dvd burner(or how you say it) and it worked. I sucessfuly installed windows 10 on that motherboard. Thanks again guys and stay healthy :D

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
while i am pleased you have fixed it, you didn't have to pay for the Installer. its free. If you already had a licensed copy of win 10 it would have just installed.

Now you have a potential security risk as you don't know what might have been added to that install besides cracks. If you have any weird problems going forward, I would clean install using the media creation tool

MateMan

Reputable
Sep 13, 2016
I downloqded windows from official site of microsoft but when i wanted to install it i couldnt skip license code so i downloaded other windows 10 which is original downloaded from microsoft but you can skip license code on installation(i guess this is older version of windows) then i installed it normaly and activated via activator and thats all. Thanks again all

Reactions: Colif