Question cant boot with ram at 3200mhz(xmp)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Miltosss

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
My pc boots and works just fine with 2133mhz but when i set it to 3200mhz which is xmp speed it doesnt, and it used to run at 3200mhz before i had to reset my bios cause of an cpu oc
pc specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Aorus b450 Pro
Ram: 2x8 tridentz rgb 3200mhz
SSD/HDD: 860 evo samsung 500gb
GPU: 2070 super windforce 3x
PSU: cx650 bronxe 650w
Case: nzxt h510i
bios version: f51
pls help :)

Ok, well "you" don't "think" it's the PSU, you don't think it's the GPU, you don't think it's the CPU, you don't think it's the memory either, so since you don't think it's anything other than the motherboard, replace the motherboard. I guess then you'll know if you were right about what it wasn't, since you didn't think it was any of those things but had no real basis at all for determining that any of them were actually good or not. Seem like you're not willing to entertain the idea that ANYTHING might be faulty, so IDK why anybody should bother going any further with this. Replace whatever you think it is because obviously you're not going to take any advice about anything that might potentially be the problem.

Truth is, it probably IS the motherboard, but in order to determine that you HAVE to eliminate EVERYTHING ELSE, because there are no tests to run that at the end you can say "ha, it's the motherboard", by testing the motherboard. You test everything else, and when nothing else turns out to be faulty, you replace the motherboard. So if that's what you want to do, just do it. Save a lot of time and energy if you're not going to go through the usual steps anyhow.

Besides which, if it won't let you flash the BIOS then it's likely there's something up with the BIOS ROM on that board anyhow.

Miltosss

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
Ok, well "you" don't "think" it's the PSU, you don't think it's the GPU, you don't think it's the CPU, you don't think it's the memory either, so since you don't think it's anything other than the motherboard, replace the motherboard. I guess then you'll know if you were right about what it wasn't, since you didn't think it was any of those things but had no real basis at all for determining that any of them were actually good or not. Seem like you're not willing to entertain the idea that ANYTHING might be faulty, so IDK why anybody should bother going any further with this. Replace whatever you think it is because obviously you're not going to take any advice about anything that might potentially be the problem.

Truth is, it probably IS the motherboard, but in order to determine that you HAVE to eliminate EVERYTHING ELSE, because there are no tests to run that at the end you can say "ha, it's the motherboard", by testing the motherboard. You test everything else, and when nothing else turns out to be faulty, you replace the motherboard. So if that's what you want to do, just do it. Save a lot of time and energy if you're not going to go through the usual steps anyhow.

Besides which, if it won't let you flash the BIOS then it's likely there's something up with the BIOS ROM on that board anyhow.
Why get mad, this is my first desktop, i dont have other parts chilling around and i said that i dont think that the parts have an issue because when i just enter bios and leave, i have the no screen output issue which means i should wait for the next bios update which should be in a few months for the ryzen 5000 cpu support which will hopefully will help my issue, anyway thx for ur time😉

Andreas Schmidt

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Check this try read comments
View: https://amp.reddit.com/r/gigabytegaming/comments/dwtqm5/gigabyte_b450_aorus_m_w_3200mhz_ram/

Read comments
https://superuser.com/questions/141...hz-ram-on-gigabyte-b450-aorus-pro-motherboard

Read comments

And read and try this

If u dont have spare parts you should try something if ur pc is prebuilded and have warranty send them.

Reactions: Miltosss
I'm not mad. Why would I be mad? I'm just offering that it doesn't make much sense to continue making suggestions and offering advice if the answer to each new response is going to be "I don't think that's the problem". The fact is, if you knew what the problem was, you wouldn't be here asking so it would seem prudent to try and not come off as dismissive when people offer reasonable troubleshooting possibilities. Some suggestions are obviously going to be nonsensical and should just be ignored, but reasonable, common procedures should at least be entertained. Not just written off as "nah, it's not that".

Miltosss

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
Check this try read comments
View: https://amp.reddit.com/r/gigabytegaming/comments/dwtqm5/gigabyte_b450_aorus_m_w_3200mhz_ram/

Read comments
https://superuser.com/questions/141...hz-ram-on-gigabyte-b450-aorus-pro-motherboard

Read comments

And read and try this

If u dont have spare parts you should try something if ur pc is prebuilded and have warranty send them.
I saw them all and i will do what one of the guy did which was to contact gigabyte, thx🤗

Miltosss

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
I'm not mad. Why would I be mad? I'm just offering that it doesn't make much sense to continue making suggestions and offering advice if the answer to each new response is going to be "I don't think that's the problem". The fact is, if you knew what the problem was, you wouldn't be here asking so it would seem prudent to try and not come off as dismissive when people offer reasonable troubleshooting possibilities. Some suggestions are obviously going to be nonsensical and should just be ignored, but reasonable, common procedures should at least be entertained. Not just written off as "nah, it's not that".
Sorry but ur solutions arent something i can do but what a technician can and the last thing i would want is to wait one month for my pc to get fixed and i also said that it might not be the parts but the bios because i tried to enter and leave bios without changes and had me back at the hard reset again anyway thx for ur effort🤗😉

andyanderson

Commendable
Jul 1, 2020
you should mess around with ram voltages, i got my 3400G to work with 3200MHz at 1.20v exactly, anything else, even 1.21v upwards would crash my pc in games.

Gigabyte A320M-S2H mobo.