Question cant CANT port forward even tho i ported it forward.

PcNerd1337

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
i have weird setup. cable modem is a wifi/modem but i using another router since it has antenna and it reaches farther... im also on ethernet.. how do i do it to where i can port forward. do i port forward on the modem/router or just the router router. and do i stick my ethernet in the modem router or just the router router. i've port forwarded on the router router. turn off all firewalls and check ports via some site and its close.... even when i do the fast port forward premade options those are closed as well. I just wanna play some minecraft. i have an asus router.. the only TM series.

To avoid having to do lots of port forwarding rules I would run your second router as a AP. This basically converts it into a ethernet connected wifi radio. Since you only use your second router to improve wifi it will make things simpler.

After this you just assign a static ip to your pc from the main router and set the port forwarding rules in that router

PcNerd1337

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
i
To avoid having to do lots of port forwarding rules I would run your second router as a AP. This basically converts it into a ethernet connected wifi radio. Since you only use your second router to improve wifi it will make things simpler.

After this you just assign a static ip to your pc from the main router and set the port forwarding rules in that router

sheesh, i have no idea how to static ip and i dont wanna messed up net for other users on the device. i'll just not host minecraft. thanks nonetheless buddy