Can't Capture Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

satchitanda

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
I've recently installed Win 7 RC and I can't seem to capture audio. According to Belarc, I have the following audio devices: High Definition Audio Device and Realtek High Definition Audio (Vista R224 downloaded directly from Realtek), the latter I recently installed in order to attempt a fix. I have an on-board sound card, my mother board is a BIOSTAR TA780G M2+ 6.0. I can listen to all sounds in general, no other apparent issues. Anyone else having this issue or may be able to advise the next best course of action? I'm truly not sure what else to do. I've installed Roxio Easy Audio Capture (came with my Blackberry), and Sound Capture v1.0 by Magicsofts Studio, both seem to have the same problem: no sound card as a source option. When I had Win XP, I'd been able to use the Roxio without a hitch. If you need any further information, just let me know! Thanks!!

cklaubur

Distinguished
I personally use Audacity for capturing audio (gotta love free software!), and I suspect your problem is related to the changes in the sound architecture that were made in Vista, and Windows 7 inherited.

I'm not really that familiar with either program the OP has listed, but I do know that Audacity works with Windows 7, just takes an extra configuration step.

Are you trying to capture from one of the inputs, or trying to capture sound from the computer itself?

Casey

satchitanda

Distinguished
May 26, 2009

I am attempting to capture from the on-board "sound card". I'll try Audacity and cross my fingers. Thanks for the response.

satchitanda

Distinguished
May 26, 2009

Windows installed the driver initially, however, I installed the latest driver from the manufacturer. I don't think the older verison will work, I attempted to install the drivers that came with the mother board, it wouldn't install. There was an odd error code, I don't remember which. I found the latest driver and though would be the magic bullet :(... That wasn't the case however.

satchitanda

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
WooHOO! I just found a link to a fix for Vista that worked for Win7 *with slight modifications.

Follow these steps:
- Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Tab: Recording
- Right click in list > Show disabled devices
- Right click on "Stereo Mix" > Enable

And that's all she wrote!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS