Question Cant change cpu core ratio on x470 crosshair hero vii

Sipan9000

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
I've tried everything with this motherboard and I literally cant change the cpu core ratio or bclk ratio, if i set it to manual nothing changes, am I doing something wrong?? I've literally never had a problem with asus' ai tweaker but extreme tweaker seems a thousand times more complicated for no reason. I have updated to latest bios & am trying to see how high I can get a ryzen 5 1400.

I can't find any detailed video explaining extreme tweaker, everybody seems to just be able to do everything normally, is it the processor? That's literally all I can think of.

Another issue I found is that I cant even find where to turn on the xmp profile for my ram, search doesn't even come up with it either.

LordVile

Admirable
I've tried everything with this motherboard and I literally cant change the cpu core ratio or bclk ratio, if i set it to manual nothing changes, am I doing something wrong?? I've literally never had a problem with asus' ai tweaker but extreme tweaker seems a thousand times more complicated for no reason. I have updated to latest bios & am trying to see how high I can get a ryzen 5 1400.

I can't find any detailed video explaining extreme tweaker, everybody seems to just be able to do everything normally, is it the processor? That's literally all I can think of.

Another issue I found is that I cant even find where to turn on the xmp profile for my ram, search doesn't even come up with it either.
Have you got the automatic OC on?

Try doing a search for asus rog crosshair vii hero reviews. As for where to turn on the xmp profile for my ram, I suggest listing memory part number and/or link to it.

The presets for OC may show you what settings change if you choose one.

Overclocking search:
https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-rog-crosshair-vii-hero-(wifi)-review,28.html
(Overclocking a Ryzen 7 2700X processor)

What you need to do:

1. Enable and start at 4200 MHz (42 Multiplier)
  2. Apply 1.40V to the CPU (or simply leave it at auto).
  3. Enable XMP on our memory kit (3200 MHz CL14)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS