Question Cant change cpu core ratio on x470 crosshair hero vii

Sipan9000

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2015
I've tried everything with this motherboard and I literally cant change the cpu core ratio or bclk ratio, if i set it to manual nothing changes, am I doing something wrong?? I've literally never had a problem with asus' ai tweaker but extreme tweaker seems a thousand times more complicated for no reason. I have updated to latest bios & am trying to see how high I can get a ryzen 5 1400.

I can't find any detailed video explaining extreme tweaker, everybody seems to just be able to do everything normally, is it the processor? That's literally all I can think of.

Another issue I found is that I cant even find where to turn on the xmp profile for my ram, search doesn't even come up with it either.

I've tried everything with this motherboard and I literally cant change the cpu core ratio or bclk ratio, if i set it to manual nothing changes, am I doing something wrong?? I've literally never had a problem with asus' ai tweaker but extreme tweaker seems a thousand times more complicated for no reason. I have updated to latest bios & am trying to see how high I can get a ryzen 5 1400.

I can't find any detailed video explaining extreme tweaker, everybody seems to just be able to do everything normally, is it the processor? That's literally all I can think of.

Another issue I found is that I cant even find where to turn on the xmp profile for my ram, search doesn't even come up with it either.
Have you got the automatic OC on?

Try doing a search for asus rog crosshair vii hero reviews. As for where to turn on the xmp profile for my ram, I suggest listing memory part number and/or link to it.

The presets for OC may show you what settings change if you choose one.

Overclocking search:
https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-rog-crosshair-vii-hero-(wifi)-review,28.html
(Overclocking a Ryzen 7 2700X processor)

What you need to do:

1. Enable and start at 4200 MHz (42 Multiplier)
  2. Apply 1.40V to the CPU (or simply leave it at auto).
  3. Enable XMP on our memory kit (3200 MHz CL14)