rasyacrafter

Prominent
Oct 20, 2018
I want to overclock my Intel Core i7 2600K CPU to 4.0GHz with my Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H rev 1.1 motherboard. but in the motherboard bios there is no option to change the CPU Core Voltage. If I force Overclock to 4.0GHz the system can boot to the OS normally, but when I check the CPU Z. My CPU Voltage is at 1.30V. In my opinion the voltage is high enough to 4.0GHz, I want to reduce the CPU Voltage to 1.25V but my Motherboard BIOS has no option to change the voltage.

Is there a modified BIOS that can change CPU Voltage on a Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H rev 1.1 motherboard?

sorry if my English bad

Solution
rasyacrafter,

The settings you're looking for are there, it's just that Gigabyte doesn't make them easy to see.

Unlike Asus, ASRock and MSI, Gigabyte BIOS does not follow the long established conventions that users depend on to navigate many settings. They instead have a very bad habit of concealing additional settings behind common settings that most users take for granted as being straight forward.

You can use our GIGABYTE Guide to learn how to "speak Gigabyte", or you can Google for other Gigabyte Guides that are specific to your particular motherboard and CPU.

CT :sol:

rasyacrafter

Prominent
Oct 20, 2018
Which BIOS version are you working with? The latest(albeit beta version) can be found here. Might want to list the rest of your specs like so:

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPSU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H
Ram: HyperX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD/HDD: ADATA SU650 120GB SSD
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 Armor 8GB
PSU: Armaggeddon Voltron Pro 375X Max Peak 750 Watt

now I use bios version F15a (the latest version)

CompuTronix

Intel Master
rasyacrafter,

The settings you're looking for are there, it's just that Gigabyte doesn't make them easy to see.

Unlike Asus, ASRock and MSI, Gigabyte BIOS does not follow the long established conventions that users depend on to navigate many settings. They instead have a very bad habit of concealing additional settings behind common settings that most users take for granted as being straight forward.

You can use our GIGABYTE Guide to learn how to "speak Gigabyte", or you can Google for other Gigabyte Guides that are specific to your particular motherboard and CPU.

Reactions: rasyacrafter
Solution

rasyacrafter

Prominent
Oct 20, 2018
rasyacrafter,

you mean there are hidden settings on the bios?