Question Can't change files to Read-Only at all.

FreddoFoo

Distinguished
May 13, 2013
I'm trying to install some Steam games to a new PC. I have Windows installed on the C drive, an M.2 SSD. In the program files I have a Steam file made, however when I attempt to install a new steam directory there it says that the file is read-only. So I attempt to make the file read-only but it says my access is denied constantly, even when I give myself full control and everything. Any help about?

USAFRet

Titan
I'm trying to install some Steam games to a new PC. I have Windows installed on the C drive, an M.2 SSD. In the program files I have a Steam file made, however when I attempt to install a new steam directory there it says that the file is read-only. So I attempt to make the file read-only but it says my access is denied constantly, even when I give myself full control and everything. Any help about?
A physical drive or partition can have only one Steam folder.

What, exactly, are you trying to do?
Move Steam games from somewhere else?
Or some other function?

Reactions: FreddoFoo

PiVO 7717

Reputable
Aug 18, 2019
Are you trying to mess around with the Steam files? Can't create a steam directory in a the steam directory, try to create a folder named pictures in the pictures folder and it will tell you the same