Can't change firewall settings.

peter234

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
I can't change my firewall settings, nothing happens if i go turn it off. Literally, nothing happens. If i go and try allow a specific program through nothing happens once again. i can access both features yet when i do something nothing happens. Like it's ignoring all my actions. Never had this problem before.
I've tried restarted.

Luminary

Admirable
Are you referring to the firewall settings in Windows 7 or on your router?

- If it is your router you'll need to let us know what router you're using.
- If it is Windows 7 then sometimes a 3rd party firewall will overwrite the native Windows 7 settings. Are you using any 3rd party anti-virus/ firewall software?

peter234

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014

It's the windows 7 firewall and i do not have any 3rd party firewall running. Even when i disable my antivirus program it'll still not allow me to change my firewall settings.
I've got avast, and yes i do have administrating rights.

Luminary

Admirable
Check the ‘Windows Firewall’ service under Windows services. If it’s turned off, turn it back on.

a) Click on start and type ‘services.msc’ in the search text box and select ‘services’ in the search result. Note: If it prompts for permission then click on ‘Yes’

b) In the ‘Services’ windows search for ‘Windows Firewall’, right click on Windows firewall and click on ‘Stop’ and then right click and click on ‘Start’ again. You can also set it to automatic here as well.

Please let us know if this gets things working for you.

peter234

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014

I am able to disable the firewall through the services but after i start it again nothing happens. i can't still turn it off or allow program through it.