[SOLVED] Cant change GPU in NVIDIA Control Panel

Oct 4, 2019
So I have gtx 950 2 GB and gtx 1060 6gb in my system and my 2 monitors are connected on gtx 950
The problem is all of the programs choose gtx 950 even games
I tried changing it in Control panel but it doesnt work
I also tried clean install of nvidia drivers that also didnt help
Windows and BIOS recognize both graphic cards and nothing seems to be wrong in Device Manager
Games that let me change GPU like far cry 5 i can switch between both of them with no problem but everything else its just using gtx 950
I also tried Windows 10 graphics settings but it just shows gtx 950
Can someone help me please

Solution
But...I tought it would be better to connect monitors to gtx 950 to save memory on gtx 1060 for other stuff
It doesn't work that way.

Connect your primary monitor to the 1060 and the 950 to the secondary monitor. Realistically if your just gaming on 1 monitor and content (web/Netflix/etc) on the other the 1060 could easily handle both tasks.

WildCard999

Titan
But...I tought it would be better to connect monitors to gtx 950 to save memory on gtx 1060 for other stuff

Connect your primary monitor to the 1060 and the 950 to the secondary monitor. Realistically if your just gaming on 1 monitor and content (web/Netflix/etc) on the other the 1060 could easily handle both tasks.

Reactions: dotas1
Solution
Oct 4, 2019

Ooh I see
Thanks for replaying,I am actually new to all this PC building and gaming,and my boyfriend has no clue about all of this hehe :p
I just wanted to make use of my old graphics card for something so it doesnt just collect dust in box

WildCard999

Titan
Ooh I see
Thanks for replaying,I am actually new to all this PC building and gaming,and my boyfriend has no clue about all of this hehe :p
I just wanted to make use of my old graphics card for something so it doesnt just collect dust in box
Well using it for the secondary monitor would be fine. Depending on the motherboard you may want to put the 1060 in the top PCIE slot and move the 950 to the lower one.