Can't change lock screen

gracik

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014
So I've had windows 10 (home edition) since I bought my laptop a year ago. Well just a few days ago I decided to download the windows 10 november update, since I kept delaying it because that update gave me issues before. Well it would seem that update has broken my lock screen. (it was fine before the update)

Because when I try to change the lock screen picture, the small preview picture is just gray and has the endless loading icon. And nothing ever loads. So all in all the my lock screen is stuck at the default blue. Anyway to fix it?

Restore from a backup. That's what I'd do. However, I don't understand your update situation. The Home version of Windows 10 automatically downloads and installs updates as they come out, so why were you manually installing updates? It sounds like you've unnecessarily corrupted your system.

gracik

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014

Well back when the november update came out it was a buggy mess. So like many people I opted to defer the update for a few months, until that update was more stable. I guess I just forgot about it until recently. I was hoping to avoid restoring from a back up, I know I won't actually lose anything I have. But I was just hoping to find an actual solution to why it seemingly corrupted that's all.

gracik

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014

Well it was probably the pro version then(at that time), I just know that now it's labeled as the home version.

TRENDING THREADS