Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2022
Hi!

I've got a new PC assembled by myself. Yesterday I wanted to change the image on lock screen, but well... I wasn't able to. I can change desktop wallpaper, and I can set the Windows Spotlight on the lock screen, but that's all. If I want to change the lock screen image, it just stays on the loading circle (shown on the image I uploaded) and if I logout, it still shows default Gigabyte lock screen I have since first boot (I have Gigabyte motherboard).

I've tried all the fixes I found online, like restarting Windows Spotlight, changing settings in gpedit.msc, registering Windows Spotlight, deleting settings in AppData... nothing worked. The only thing one of those fixes apparently done was that now it doesn't show the Gigabyte wallpaper in the "Choose your picture" previews (shown on the image I uploaded) and it shows the default Windows 10 beach cave photo.

So I'm asking you, if you don't know how to solve this issue.

My PC specs (if needed):
MB: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B550M DS3H (AM4)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
Storage: GIGABYTE GP-GM301TB-G (M.2 SSD)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Grey 16GB (2x8GB)

CDAjm76e-Be.png

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you don't know how to solve this issue.
so you want people who don't know the answer? that could be a fun thread :)

I don't know exact answer but something odd if its a new install and its not working right.

try this
right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

never seen the gigabyte lock screen

Sep 22, 2022

I don't know exact answer but something odd if its a new install and its not working right.

try this
right click start button

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

try this
right click start button

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Ah, sorry, my english still isn't perfect :)

I did both, and still same.

Colif

Win 11 Master
same thing happen in safe mode?
  1. go to settings/update & security/recovery
  2. under advanced startup, click restart now button
  3. this restarts PC in a blue menu
  4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced
  6. choose startup options
  7. click the restart button
  8. choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
  9. Pc will restart and load safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS