Can't Change Resolution , Help Please ?

Deepesh Shenoy

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015
So i Finally changed my VGA Cable since it was giving a yellow tint , But after changed it , I Can't change my resolution above 1366x768 , earlier i can set it upto 1920x1080 , But after changing the cable , i can only max the resolution 1366x768 , it Says 'Windows Could not change your display to this resolution . Try a different resolution' . I Installed Latest drivers of my GPU . I tried changing the Cable to my old one with yellow tint , Which too doesn't allow to go higher than 1366x768 , But earlier it allowed me to allow higher than 1366x768 , This happend after i changed the cable .

GPU: Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 OC 650Mhz
CPU : Core i3 540 @ 3.19Ghz OC
RAM : 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Monitor : Dell D1920
display driver version : 341.92

Solution
under windows display and or nvidia control there a check box that say "hide the result ions my monitor cant show."
make sure that check box is off. also make sure the new gpu cable is one the nvidia video card and not the onboard video port of the mb.
under windows display and or nvidia control there a check box that say "hide the result ions my monitor cant show."
make sure that check box is off. also make sure the new gpu cable is one the nvidia video card and not the onboard video port of the mb.

Solution
Glad it works for you !
You do need to realize that by going to 'wide screen' resolutions that you are stretching your images unnaturally. Try to maintain the aspect ratio (4:3 I suspect) of the monitor while going to higher resolutions, or consider letterboxing).
Props to smorizio for the best answer :)