[SOLVED] Can't choose which cpu.

Jagger0792

Prominent
Mar 13, 2020
Hi all,

Firstly,I am on budget as I just sold my dell optiplex

I am really stuck on which cpu to get?

Well here goes,Was looking to get the Ryzen 3 3200g and in time,get graphics card,but then I've see the i3 9100f and for £63 and pair it with a cheap graphics card,but I have be offered Ryzen 1600x for £83?,I know the first gen need 3000mhz of ram and the others don't.

Please help Me,really don't know what to go for????

Thanks dan.

Solution
The Ryzen 1600X is the better mutlitasking/workstation CPU. The 9100F is the better gaming CPU. Up to you for whatever you want to you use it for. The 1600X doesn't "need" 3000Mhz. It'll work with anything, but will work better at higher memory speeds. RAM speeds don't affect price that much, so if you do decide to go for the 1600X just make sure your motherboard is compatible with both your RAM and CPU.

AtNvme

Honorable
Sep 2, 2015
www.twitch.tv
The Ryzen 1600X is the better mutlitasking/workstation CPU. The 9100F is the better gaming CPU. Up to you for whatever you want to you use it for. The 1600X doesn't "need" 3000Mhz. It'll work with anything, but will work better at higher memory speeds. RAM speeds don't affect price that much, so if you do decide to go for the 1600X just make sure your motherboard is compatible with both your RAM and CPU.

Reactions: Jagger0792
Solution

Jagger0792

Prominent
Mar 13, 2020
Thanks all,mainly gaming,no mutlitasking/workstation at all,just light gaming,mmmm the i3 £63 think I will go with that,pair it with rx 570-590 1080p gaming👍

InvalidError

Titan
I know the first gen need 3000mhz of ram and the others don't.
It does not "require" 3000MT/s RAM, many first-gen Ryzen don't even go that high especially on first-gen boards and with 3200MT/s only being $3-5 more expensive than bargain basement DDR4, the price difference is not exactly worth worrying about. Practically all CPUs will perform better with the fastest RAM possible for a given CPU-motherboard combination since it reduces the amount of time the CPU will be wasting waiting for data from memory.

With the i3-9xxx, be aware that you are starting from the absolute bottom of what is considered usable for modern gaming and your upgrade options without a motherboard swap will be considerably more limited than with Intel's 10th gen. On AMD's side, most b450 boards give you a clear shot at least up to Ryzen 3700 later and those will likely become affordable long before anything equivalent from Intel's 9th-gen lineup.

Jagger0792

Prominent
Mar 13, 2020
It does not "require" 3000MT/s RAM, many first-gen Ryzen don't even go that high especially on first-gen boards and with 3200MT/s only being $3-5 more expensive than bargain basement DDR4, the price difference is not exactly worth worrying about. Practically all CPUs will perform better with the fastest RAM possible for a given CPU-motherboard combination since it reduces the amount of time the CPU will be wasting waiting for data from memory.

With the i3-9xxx, be aware that you are starting from the absolute bottom of what is considered usable for modern gaming and your upgrade options without a motherboard swap will be considerably more limited than with Intel's 10th gen. On AMD's side, most b450 boards give you a clear shot at least up to Ryzen 3700 later and those will likely become affordable long before anything equivalent from Intel's 9th-gen lineup.

I clearly understand where you are coming from,intel have reputation off high prices,on eBay at the moment i7 3770 is going for £86 with days to go😮 as for me ,not serious gamer few times week with the lads on FM20, plus other games,so don't think I will benefit from big upgrade to 3700,and the i3 is cracking price? So Think about that route.

As for mobo for i3 which one would you go for?

Thanks dan

Last edited: