Cant choose wich laptop. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2016
So after searching laptops I came to few laptops that I think are good, sadly all laptops have something that is negative on reviews with mostly being that they dont last long :/

Before I list laptops I just want to tell what I want from it:

• - Not noisy (want to use open back headphones)
    - 120hz min
    - 17inch
    - GTX 1070
    - 16gb ram (8 is ok if there is no other way)
    - That it lasts long
    - If possible good colors
    Basically all I care is good FPS and a good display (speakers, trackpad, batery life... dont matter)

Competitors:
1. Zephyrus M GM501GS-XS74

+ Not ugly
+ 1070 / 16gb RAM
+ 144hz
+ Not loud (I think)

- New so I cant know does it have problems with how long it lives
- 15,6inch
- Color accuracy

2. GS65 Stealth Thin 8RX (My favorite on this list)

+ Sexy design
+ 1070 / 16gb RAM
+ 144hz
+ Good color accuracy

- 15,6inch
- New so idk will it last long

3.MSI GE73VR 7RF-042DE Raider

+ 1070/ 16gb RAM
+ 17,3 inch
+ 120hz

- Not preety but not ugly
- No left windows key... what?
- Loud fans

4. MIFCOM XG7

+ 17inch
+ 1070/ 16gb RAM
+ its IPS so probably good color accuracy?

- Dont know refresh rate
- Dont know how loud it is

If you know any better laptops than on the list please tell me :)

Solution

If you don't care for 90% what a laptop stands for then why are you getting one? Why not simply choose a normal pc?

15.6 inch is optimal to carry around but that brings cooling issue with it so you need to choose the right one.
A tn panel on a laptop is pretty much a no go.

What the budget here.

Dec 16, 2016

Im in a spot where I live in another house in another country with a family, but there is no place where I can put my PC with my monitor unless Im ok with them staring at what I play all the time. I skipped the reason because I tought its unnececary, the reason I want a biger display is because the biger display the better for gaming, and the resolution of those is sadly 1080p but mabye thats better because its more FPS.

EDIT: Sorry for downvoting your comment... I just wanted to see can your points go into minus... but it seems you cant cancel it after you do it.. :(

1080p on a 15.6inch display is a higher pixel density than a 23 inch 4k screen so lower resolution on a smaller display is not bad at all (actually a bit better since it's cheaper, longer battery life and no scaling issues).

IPS does not equal good color accuracy just that it has better viewing angles and the ability to have good colors. It's up to the manufacturer to choose what the display will look like. I'll look for some good laptops tomorrow when I have some time.

Dec 16, 2016

Thank you ;)
The reason I want the 17inch is because the immersion is better if the display is bigger basically (for competitive games)
FPS > FOV / How big monitor is > Pixels, but tbh it is true that I xan buy a monitor what I plug in into the laptop, I just tought about laptop monitor because it seems cheaper than to buy a monitor seperate. I shall continue to explore then :) I will be wating for the reply, sadly the website doesent tell me if someone replyed for some reason :(
I mean thats the reason why I aimed for 1440p first, but there is NO LAPTOP that is 17inch 1440p and 120/144hz with a gtx 1070 :/

I forgot to ask but whats the max budget? I found a couple but not sure what the max price can be :p.
Also I am a laptop gamer too and I switched from a 17.3 inch laptop because it was too big and heavy for me to carry around all the time. I basically did not notice the difference in screensize really and actually preffer the 15.6inch one since I can place it close to me where it's good for my wrists to type on and not have an annoyingly big screen in my face :p.

Dec 16, 2016

Well 2-3k would be nice but tbh Im in Germany for 1year and 4months, so I can save a bit more in few months if its more expensive

EDIT: Just found a thread what asks for the exact same laptop https://www.reddit.com/r/SuggestALaptop/comments/7j0d34/1440p_120hz_i7_gtx_1070_17_gaming_laptop/

EDIT2: seems that the "Eluktronics PA71 Series 17.3-Inch NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX Gaming Laptop" is the best laptop to pick, if it was not for the color accuracy it would be PERFECT and because the company is not popular or idk why i cant find it on amazon or any lists, what do you think about that?
a d FHD Quality: 60%???? what does that mean

That eluktronics is a rebranded clevo/sager but I can't find the exact model which is annoying. Since more people have a normal clevo/sager and thats much easier to find info about.

Solution
Dec 16, 2016

Well, do you think I should aim for this laptop unless I find a better one? (doubt that becuase the only better thing could be a 100% RGB score thingy) Is the company reliable? For example, Razer is not (laptops atleast)

Gigabyte Aero 14/15
Gigabyte Aorus X5
MSI GS65 Stealth (with the right ips screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.