Question Can't clean install windows 10 using usb

Newguy69

Honorable
Jun 26, 2017
I'm building a pc using a bunch of older components I've had laying around and now that everything is put together, I can't get windows to install. I have the flash drive selected as the boot (afaik, the bios is old and simple) but every time I try booting it the black screen says "loading operating system..." for a couple seconds, then flashes the windows 10 symbol for a few frames, then goes back to the black screen but with no text (not off). I'm pretty stumped on what to do and any help would be appreciated. cmos image

specs:
gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 1.1)
fx 8350
evga gtx 970

Colif

Win 11 Master
its not booting off the usb, its still trying to boot off the hdd

Check in BIOS under the heading Advanced BIOS Features. Under the sub-heading First Boot Device you need to change this to USB-HDD to always boot from a USB pendrive.

If you only want to BOOT once or twice from the USB pendrive then it is better to press the F12 key during the POST process. This will bring up the BOOT Menu and you can then choose USB-HDD from this list. Doing this will not alter the primary BOOT setting made under Advanced BIOS Features.
https://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index...in BIOS under the,key during the POST process.

Newguy69

Honorable
Jun 26, 2017