Can't Configure Switchable Graphics on Laptop?

alannm37

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
Hi, I'm trying to configure the switchable graphics on my laptop but I cannot manage to get to the screen where it allows me to do so. I right click the desktop>Configure Switchable Graphics, and it brings me to this screen, link: http://goo.gl/HGHHuL - As you can see it's not the Switchable Graphics Screen, it's something about Hydragrid, which I don't want, and cannot get past this. This is my laptop, link: http://goo.gl/0w0U3F - and I'm running Windows 8.1. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Solution

What you are experiencing is a common bug with the AMD Catalyst Control Center. Please go to this thread and click on the link provided by the OP to the submission form and fill it out. What I recommend in order...

alannm37

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013

Laptops do not come with a CD for drivers, well not that I have ever seen. There is nothing wrong with my drivers, it's the UI when I enter Switchable Graphics, it doesn't actually bring me to Switchable Graphics. I stated in my first message what happens.

iamlegend

Admirable
Oh, pardon me for my ignorance but I have an MSI GX60 and yes it comes with a Driver on the CD.

If you were skeptic about what I`m talking about, well I have had updated my laptop drivers before hoping for a boost performance in games (BF3) so I decided to update my drivers to keep up with my Desktop drivers.

The actual thing is, you cannot even access the AMD catalyst. I mean you cannot get into the windows which displays the catalyst.

Tell me now if it is not what you are experiencing.
And call me an a**hole.

dovah-chan

Honorable

What you are experiencing is a common bug with the AMD Catalyst Control Center. Please go to this thread and click on the link provided by the OP to the submission form and fill it out. What I recommend in order to fix possibly both of your issues is to use this guide to uninstall your drivers.

The drivers provided with laptops and prebuilts are usually to get you started and if an update is provided it is recommended that you upgrade if possible.

Solution

iamlegend

Admirable
Well I uninstalled the drivers using DDU (Display Drivers Uninstall) in safe mode, which I also used in uninstalling the drivers in Desktop.

I did not find out anyone who solved this problem yet.

I have tried installing the latest drivers but since in is mobility, I found it quite irritating.