[SOLVED] Can't connect Deep cool cf120 fans to argb port on motherboard

Jan 7, 2022
Hello!
New to pc parts and stuff so my terminology might be somewhat off.

I recently picked up this pc https://www.newegg.ca/abs-ali597/p/N82E16883360232?Item=N82E16883360232

Here are the specs to the build that are necessary to the issue
Motherboard: Gigabyte B560 DS3H AC Y-1
Fans: Deepcool cf120
Case: Deepcool MATREXX 50

My issue: The rgb on the cf120 fans at the moment are only able to controlled by the button on the top of the case rather than the rgb software on the computer.

Goal: From what I've gathered online and talking to others is that I need to connect the controller to the argb port on the motherboard which is the D_LED1 port, which has the thee prongs with one space between them. I am unable to find the cord to plug into the argb port on the motherboard to fix the issue.

I will link a youtube video that has instructions on how to fix this exact issue however my motherboard and case/setup are slightly different than his and I am unable to find the cord that matches his:

I have a cable that on one end looks like it has an argb port on the end of it however I have no idea of how to get it to connect to what I need it to connect to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can provide any information necessary.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the fans that came bundled with the case are the ARGB CF120 from Deepcool, you should be able to hook said fans to an ARGB splitter, like this one and have that plugged to your motherboard's ARGB header(D_LED1). Note that ARGB connectors are 3 pin with one blanked out while RGB connectors are 4 pin and the both have an arrow as an indication of the polarity.

You could parse some images of what you're dealing with so as to avoid frying your component, board and fans. hosting images on Imgur or their ilk and then parsing the image links over to this thread will get us up to speed.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the fans that came bundled with the case are the ARGB CF120 from Deepcool, you should be able to hook said fans to an ARGB splitter, like this one and have that plugged to your motherboard's ARGB header(D_LED1). Note that ARGB connectors are 3 pin with one blanked out while RGB connectors are 4 pin and the both have an arrow as an indication of the polarity.

You could parse some images of what you're dealing with so as to avoid frying your component, board and fans. hosting images on Imgur or their ilk and then parsing the image links over to this thread will get us up to speed.

Solution