Question cant connect from motherboard port hdmi to monitor

May 2, 2023
hello i want to ask about my pc with asrock motherboard b560m-pro4, when i want to try my pc connect to monitor with hdmi cable direct from motherboard, it cant connect and has 5 short beeps (before from VGA to the monitor it could but from the motherboard to the monitor it couldn't, the cable from the VGA had been removed and had tried the VGA as well as being unplugged),is there something wrong with my motherboard? or monitor, please help

I'm not sure I understand the problem but I'll give it a go.

Your 'VGA' is a discrete GPU that is plugged into your motherboard, correct? When you connect your VGA to your monitor it works but when you connect your motherboard's HDMI connection to the monitor it doesn't work, correct?

If this is all correct then try physically removing the VGA from it's motherboard slot (of course after the computer is shut down). The presence of the VGA in the motherboard slot could be disabling the IGP of your CPU (assuming your CPU has an IGP).

Reactions: randa12345
May 2, 2023
Do you have an "F" model processor?

The IGP is in the processor, not the motherboard, which only wires the ports directly to the processor. If you bought a processor without an IGP, then those motherboard ports are useless and won't work.
Thank you very much, i understand now

May 2, 2023
I'm not sure I understand the problem but I'll give it a go.

Your 'VGA' is a discrete GPU that is plugged into your motherboard, correct? When you connect your VGA to your monitor it works but when you connect your motherboard's HDMI connection to the monitor it doesn't work, correct?

If this is all correct then try physically removing the VGA from it's motherboard slot (of course after the computer is shut down). The presence of the VGA in the motherboard slot could be disabling the IGP of your CPU (assuming your CPU has an IGP).
My cpu i3-10105F, maybe because have F which it dont have igp, thank you for respond