Can't connect kindle to netgear

thor662

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
hi i have a fully working wireless network using a netgear dg834g v4 router and can't connect mt kindle to it it finds the network and trys to connect but fails there is no password and only this wireless device is trying to connetc any idea's

G

Access the router via a computer and enter the user setup screens -- in wireless settings check that wireless mode is compatible with Kindle's mode. Also check that Access List is disabled.

thor662

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
hi have check the settings and access list is disabled and wireless mode is set to both 802.11g and 802.11b have tryed with just 802.11 b and 802.11g

all other wireless items ive tryed have connected fine agggg lol help pls

G

I'm not familiar with Kindle but you've tried the logical things, I assume including turning off wireless security altogether ?

Sounds like a call to Amazon to see if they have any thoughts.

thor662

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
I'm not familiar with Kindle but you've tried the logical things, I assume including turning off wireless security altogether ?

Sounds like a call to Amazon to see if they have any thoughts.

hi have got this problem fixed after 4 days of net searches and late nights

first you need to install the latest up date
next you need to rename your wireless network to a name of 10 or less letters and spaces
next either no password or a password of 8 letters

all this got my kindle wireless working with aol broadband and a netgear adsl2+ modem router dg834g va also fully updated

dont you just love tech

Psychoteddy

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

Those are truly ridiculous regulations. O.O

G

So much easier than buying a paperback, opening the page and reading it.