[SOLVED] Can't connect my Rift S

Feb 5, 2019
Hi!
I just got my Rift S and it looks great but when I tried going through the setup, it couldn't detect the USB nor the graphics card cable being plugged in. I updated all the drivers, other USB port but still nothing. Also tried doing all the troubleshooting steps but nothing worked. It is permanently in the loading screen for checking the cables.
Please help

Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
Check the entire length of the cable for any kind of crimping or damage. Make sure the connections on both ends are secure. If all seems well, then I'd probably head to the store where you purchased it (unless you purchased it online) and request a replacement/refund. Otherwise, if you purchased it online, I'd probably contact Oculus to see if there is something less obvious or if you need to initiate a warranty claim for a replacement.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ok.

Your power supply has a CPU 4+4 ATX power cable and your motherboard has an 8-Pin 12V ATX power connector. Are you using all 8-pins or just a 4-pin connection?
Is the graphics card is installed in the top PCI-Ex16 slot?
Are you're connecting the Rift-S to your GTX 1060's DisplayPort output?
Are you using any adapters other than the included MiniDP to DisplayPort adapter?

-Wolf sends

Feb 5, 2019
Ok.

Your power supply has a CPU 4+4 ATX power cable and your motherboard has an 8-Pin 12V ATX power connector. Are you using all 8-pins or just a 4-pin connection?
Is the graphics card is installed in the top PCI-Ex16 slot?
Are you're connecting the Rift-S to your GTX 1060's DisplayPort output?
Are you using any adapters other than the included MiniDP to DisplayPort adapter?

-Wolf sends

Everything is in place and it is in the GPU's DP output. Not using any adapters. I think the problem is with the HMD itself. When I plug the USB in, no light turns on.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Check the entire length of the cable for any kind of crimping or damage. Make sure the connections on both ends are secure. If all seems well, then I'd probably head to the store where you purchased it (unless you purchased it online) and request a replacement/refund. Otherwise, if you purchased it online, I'd probably contact Oculus to see if there is something less obvious or if you need to initiate a warranty claim for a replacement.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Feb 5, 2019

-Wolf sends

Thank you! Will do.