• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Can't connect new devices to slave router after around 2hrs of continuous usage.

digheaditya67

Commendable
Oct 24, 2017
I have a total of 3 routers, out of which 2 are old. The Main Router is a Tenda AC 10 dual-band MU-MIMO router connected by gigabit ethernet to a fiber modem. No issues with it. Internal IP = 192.168.0.1

Then I have to cover 2 floors of my house, so I have two old routers ( they are quite basic routers), one from a company called Digisol- DG-HR1400 , a single antenna router and another of D-Link, a DIR-600M single antenna router, Hardware version C1. So I am using My Main Router on the upper floor and another one below to connect about 15-16 devices in total.

[Connections] [Router Cascading]

So I have connected D-Link router with a Lan cable straight from my Main Tenda Router's Lan port to D-Link Router's Lan Port. I've Disabled the DHCP server on D-Link Router and have provided static IP of 192.168.0.3 to D-Link Router in my main router. I can access the router's page and all is fine till here. Both routers have the same SSID, Password, and encryption, Just different Channel on 2.4Ghz band.
Note- there is no feature to upgrade the D-Link router's firmware. It is stuck on 3.02 Version and no custom firmware is supported to it.

I can also connect my devices to 2nd router, they get shown as wired in my main router's list of connected devices and also checked on wifi analyzer, to which router I am connected and I can use the internet on other devices. Currently, the Anti-interference feature on my main router is off.

[Issue]
After around 2 hrs, if I move from the first floor to the ground floor, ( in the zone of 2nd Access Point). My phone doesn't connect to the 2nd router, either the connection with 1st router stays as it is or if I turn wifi on and off on my device and try to connect, then the devices are unable to connect to 2nd Access point. Again If I go back to the first floor, I can connect to my Main Router.

=======================================================================================

[Issue 2 (less priority)]

2 Days Ago, as the D-Link Router was somewhere in the storeroom, I was configuring the same setup, except that I was using Digisol Router as 2nd access point. It has almost the same Router Page as DIR-600M, except it offers options to configure additionally up to 4 Guest Networks and has an option to make WAN port behave as LAN Port under the option of Router Mode or Bridge Mode ( or Cascading mode rather) and option to upgrade firmware, although no custom firmware is supported.

I attempted the exact same connection as I did with D-link Router, except it's static IP is 192.168.0.2. And I connected its WAN Port (which was functioning as a LAN Port) and once to actual LAN port to my main router's LAN port. Both times, If I connect any device to another LAN port of the 2nd router, I could access the Internet.
However, I couldn't connect any wireless device to the Digisol Router, tried even changing Access Point Name to a different one.
And the only time when I was able to connect was enabling the DHCP server of 2nd Router, However, I would connect but the internet wouldn't be accessible.
The only way I was able to Access Internet On Wifi on DIGISOL router was making it a behave as a separate router, Its WAN Port connected to LAN port of my main router and create an entirely different sub-network. With Port Forwarding Port 80 from WAN to access its configuration from devices connected to the main router.
So I don't get what's the problem with this router. And I don't want another sub-network.

[Current Situation of DIGISOL Router] I have connected 3 other devices on LAN to this router, and Wireless on it is off, and it's in bridge/cascading mode and is connected to my main router by another Lan Cable. DHCP is also off . And I can access the Internet on the wired devices connected to it. This router's static IP is 192.168.0.2

digheaditya67

Commendable
Oct 24, 2017
Update:- I read somewhere that this happens due to slower wifi networks like b/g also enabled along with n. So disabled them on both routers in the 2.4Ghz band. Now apparently all seems to work fine when I checked it now today morning. Seems like it is resolved. Will test it once more

Now, I need to resolve the issue with DIGISOL Router

digheaditya67

Commendable
Oct 24, 2017
Update 2 : - I am writing this message now around 10 hours later, and apparently the problem of connecting to the 2nd router has resurfaced again but it seems like it reappeared after much time had passed. Any Suggestions?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS