Question Cant connect OLED tv to desktop without looping startup

OFFICA

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Hey all, i just got an OLED tv and wanted to connect my desktop pc to it. I can plug the HDMI from the tv to my laptop, and no problems. But if i connect to my desktop, the desktop screen goes black, it reboots in a loop, and the OLED tv flickers. As soon as i pull the HDMI cable out of either the pc or the tv, the desktop boots back up as normal. I have looked for days for an answer, and lots of people seem to have the same problem. Im usually great with working things out, but i just cant seem to fix this....any ideas? (and its not the fact that the picture has gone to another screen, like windows key + p etc)

Computer is Ryzen 3900, 32gb ram, 2 x geforce 1080.

I have tried with and without SLI, and have tried with only one GPU in...

many thx

Sonic

Lutfij

Titan
it reboots in a loop,
Do you mean that the system reboots or that the display continuously goes black(with backlight on panel) and then goes out?

Might want to state your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Age of your PSU? You might also want to try with a different cable and see if the issue persists.

OFFICA

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
ryzen 3900x
hero mobo
32gb ram
win 10 64bit
2 x geforce 1080
coolermaster 750 psu

the cable is fine, as it works with laptop to tv, and you can see the bios...it only loops logging into windows continuously.

OFFICA

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Well kinda sorted it, i had to change my 165mhz desktop monitor to 60mhz, and not use a display port cable, but use a hdmi, so i have a hdmi in geforce card one, and hdmi in geforce card 2 going to TV. Then duplicate screen and it worked.

(will not work at all with display port, causes a loop and crashes)

Just in case anyone has same problem