Can't Connect to 10.0.0.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciraolo

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
I've been trying to log in to 10.0.0.1 to Port Forward for Steam, since my downloads aren't actually downloading half of the time, and 3 or 4 days ago I accessed the log-in page extremely easily. It fixed my Steam, but now, I'm realizing Steam is once again not downloading properly. So, I went to log back in to my 10.0.0.1 to check if the port forwarding cancelled or something, and I can't access it. All I get is a loading screen forever.

INFO:

-I'm using Google Chrome (don't know if that matters)
-I got the router from Comcast, not from a store
-I have ethernet cables plugged into it..so I believe that means it is NOT wireless (I think...)
-I've looked into other threads and posts and saw that people suggest getting a new router...well I simply don't want to have to do that. I want to know if there is an alternative fix
-I have tried unplugging and re-plugging the router back in
-I have contacted Comcast to do a refresh signal

Well, hopefully there is something I can do. If there isn't, and I have to get a new router, please suggest what router I should get and why.

Thanks a ton,
Nick

ciraolo

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014

It tells me that my IPv4 is 10.0.0.9 with the alternate as 10.0.0.1

When I try 10.0.0.9 it does nothing, 10.0.0.1 USED to work, now it doesn't.

ciraolo

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
I have done this. Sometimes it will work, sometimes for about 30 seconds it will work and then it will stop working again, or it just won't work at all. I'm looking for a permanent/reliable fix.

If you reset the router, and you get the setup page not working properly in several computers, you need to replace the router, or at least try a new firmware for it if there is an update.

If the firmware is up to date, need to replace the router.

Aside from the setup page issue, your downloads are also not working which is two things that point to a bad router since you rebooted and reset it already.

Just test things from another computer as well to make sure it's not the computer that has issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.