Question can't connect to 2.4ghz wifi anymore

Mar 27, 2019
My wifi router outputs both 5ghz and 2.4ghz connections and i used to always connect to the 2.4ghz wifi but for whatever reason my pc doesn't see that connection anymore and only lets me connect to the 5ghz connection. this happends often and usually fixes itself within a day but its been like this for like 2 weeks. help

My wife's old Toshiba laptop (Toshibas are complete and total garbage on so many levels) had both a burnt out Wifi NIC and Sound Chip that would overheat. Toshiba refused to recognize the issue even though tens of thousands were affected across multiple product lines. (Obviously trying to avoid angry customers and warranty claims on bad motherboards) Everyone I personally knew with a Toshiba had a dead NIC within two years.

Any way, the wireless NIC (WiFi) would appear in the status bar, but it would just refuse any traffic. The radios burnt out on the 2.4GHz channel. (It was just a poor design) So that is also a possibility.

My Linksys AC2600 (Also a garbage brand now) did the same thing. It would work. Then traffic would drop, connection would go away, and then reappear. Again it was, burnt out radio chips.