Can't connect to any devices behind a TP Link switch

mustaquea

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
I used to get very low wifi signal in front part of my house, and a friend got me an enterprise grade AP from Cambium Network (cnPilot E400) which works great. However, this is truly just an AP (i.e., one PoE connection to the device only). To make this work with all my other devices, I used another TrendNet Router as the DHCP server and turned off the wifi radio on the TrendNet Router. So my setup is now Arris SB6190 model to the Trendnet N300 router, which connects to the Cambium cnPilot E400 AP and also a TP Link TL-SG1008D switch. Several other devices are connected to the TP Link Switch - DVR, AppleTV, DVD player, etc.

My problem is that I can't seem to ping or reach any of the devices behind the TP Link switch. I get a host unreachable error. But when I log into the TrendNet Router, I can see that those devices, including my QNAP NAS is picking up an IP address, so presumably the cables and connections are working. However, the devices that are connected to the TP Link switch are also losing internet connection intermittently. When I connect my laptop via wifi thru the Cambium AP, I can log into the Trendnet Router admin pages without any issues, and can ping the router too. My NAS is also connected to the Trendnet Router, but I can't ping that device from my laptop.

Any ideas? I have swapped out the TP Link switch with a new one (tested at Micro Center to make sure it works), but am still getting the same results. Happy to provide more details, just let me know.

mustaquea

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
The IP from the Ping-From device is 192.168.1.113, and the IP on the Ping-To device is 192.168.1.100. I am not an expert, but I think they are on the same subnet, right?