Cant Connect To Dedicated Server

Excalibur

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
I am wondering if anyone can help me as I am on network (a university one) and setup one of my computers to be a dedicated server for alien vs predator 2 and then I tried to connect to it from my other PC and it couldn't find any servers. Both of my computers are hooked up on a Ethernet switch. I know my server was working as other people could connect to it. does anyone know why I couldn't connect to it and what I could do to fix the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Thx

My Mum always said God has a plan, guess I was Plan B

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Are you choosing internet or lan game? I've never played that game to know for sure but most dedicated servers have a lan and internet game option. If you are choosing internet game on the server you will likely have to choose lan game on your client computer because you are on the same physical network as the server. I've seen that on lots of other games so this one might be the same way.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

Excalibur

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
the server is setup for network games and when I go to join a lan game it comes up with no servers. both the computers are on the same plug so could that be the problem but they are on a ethernet switch with two different IP addresses so I cannot figure out what is wrong.

My Mum always said God has a plan, guess I was Plan B