Question Cant connect to ethernet after wiping hard drive?

May 12, 2020
So i have 2 drives, my boot drive which is a 120gb ssd and then my 1 tb drive for everything else. The drive was getting full and I felt it wad time to keep what i rrally needed and wipe the rest, after doing so on just the 1tb drive i kept getting internet issues? The wifi works fine but the ethernet cant identify the network. Says ethernet invalid ip configuration. Ive tried what every video on youtibe did. I did a clean wipe on the boot drive and reinstalled windows and all the drivers and still nothing. If i restart my modem it will work for like 2 mins and then cut out again. I fsctory reset my modem and still nothing, i jsut dont know where to go from here. Any help is appreciated.

May 12, 2020
Have you reinstalled LAN drivers for your motherboard?
I downloaded the all the drivers off of the motherboard manufacturers website. I also found out that if i plug the ethernet cable into my laptop it does the same thing as my desktop. Could it be the modem itself now?

May 12, 2020
Sounds like your desktop is fine if you're running into issues on your laptop as well.

Have you contacted your isp to see if they're having any issues in your area?
If it was on the isp's end wouldnt my wifi not work as well? Its only not connecting through hardwire. Wireless is fine for some reason